In direct relation with the aims of the Chair, its areas of activity are as follows:
- Equal opportunities in the Knowledge Society ; formal and informal learning; open social learning as a tool for access to education for disadvantaged groups (developing countries, Africa, women, the young, etc.
- Promotion of training and skills in the use of Open Educational Resources (OER) and free software technology models.
- Creativity and Innovation: new ways of learning on the web, via mobile devices, new media, etc.
- Cooperation in a global world.
- Educational, technological and organizational models of presence of universities in Internet. Social perspective of e-Learning at universities.
- Promotion and study of new methods and uses of ICTs for Teacher Training.
- Research on the impact of ICTs on Gender Issues (women training in technologies, retention/droping of women in technical careers, etc.)