As Shantanu Narayen says, mobiles are of great help in the fight against the digital divide. Now that It’s been a couple of days since I recieved my Iphone, one of the first things that I’ve done is searching for educational applications. Some of them are too simple and useless, but there are some great ones:
Click the image to view full size
- Atom in a Box: this app helps visualizing atomic orbitals.
- Google Earth: perfect for sharing geography knowledge with students.
- WordPress for iPhone: how to write a blog like this on the phone
- Ifbyphone: collaborating with students on real time.
- FlashMath App: this one is perfect to teach maths to the youngest.
Some informational resources about educational apps for Iphone: